Tuesday, February 12, 2013

gorgonzola burgers

I know I keep talking about my pregnancy cravings and what has been sounding good to me... and I'm going to do it again. :)  Burgers.  I always like them, but after looking at just one picture, I have been in the mood for them ever since.  Meat.  Cheese.  Bread... yum!

These burgers are full of gorgonzola cheese, but you could use any cheese you like.  Gorgonzola is pretty strong, so it was the predominant flavor of the burgers, which I thought was tasty but wouldn't always want my burger prepared that way.  The arugula and basil mayo helped offset the gorgonzola and it all blended into one nice big flavorful burger.  And don't forget to toast your bun! ...either on the grill or in the toaster.  Chad has taught me that one of the keys to a great burger is a toasted bun.

gorgonzola burgers with arugula and basil mayo
Ingredients:
burgers:
1 lb ground beef, or other ground meat
1/3 c. gorgonzola cheese
1 T. steak sauce (I used A-1)
2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
2 cloves minced garlic
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
4 whole wheat buns, toasted

basil mayo:
4 T. mayo
1 T. freshly chopped basil or basil pesto
1 T. fresh lemon juice
a little salt & pepper

toppings:
arugula
thinly sliced red onions
banana peppers

Instructions:
Mix the ground beef with other ingredients and form 4 patties.  Grill (outside or inside on a grill pan) over medium high heat for 4-5 minutes per side.  If you cook them on a grill pan, make sure it is really hot before cooking the burgers to get a nice sear on them.  

Spread basil mayo on the top and bottom of each bun (1 T. per bun).  Add the burger and toppings of your choice.

Makes 4 burgers.

No comments:

Post a Comment