Monday, April 2, 2012

nutella frozen yogurt

Yogurt.  I know it's good for me and I do like it, but for some reason it's hard for me to just eat a container of it, especially if it's the kind that's really good for me... greek yogurt with less sugar than some kinds.  I have to mix it with Lots of fruit and granola so I can hardly taste the yogurt. 

My favorite way to eat yogurt:  in the frozen dessert form.  :)  

I have an ice-cream machine that I'm always thinking I need to use more.  We had one of Chad's friends over for dinner the other night and I finally made some homemade frozen yogurt!  I loved it and I think the guys enjoyed it?  (Beckham really likes it at least!)

I made some more today, slightly different ingredients, but still delicious.  And that's the thing I love about making it - you can use any kind of fruit, yogurt, or flavors you want... the options are endless.  I think I'm going to try peanut butter next.  


banana nutella frozen yogurt

Ingredients:
1/2 banana *
1/2 - 3/4 c. applesauce (I used homemade unsweetened)
1 container peach greek yogurt
1/2 c. plain greek yogurt
generous spoonful of nutella (probably about a 1/4 cup)
2 T cocoa powder
1 tsp vanilla

Instructions:
Blend all the ingredients in a blender or food processor until smooth.  Pour into ice-cream machine and let it do its magic!  This recipe made about 2 cups frozen yogurt.  
Note: it's best right after it's made.  It does get really hard after stored in the freezer, so you just have to take it out to thaw a little before you want to eat it!

As usual, the above amounts are estimates, so adjust as you like it!  I also tried to use ingredients that are already a little sweet so I didn't have to add extra sugar.  I like mine not overly sweet, so if you like it sweeter you might need to add something else to sweeten it up (honey or agave nectar would work well).

* the banana flavor was pretty prominent, so if you don't like banana definitely leave it out.  I made it the first time without banana and like both ways... maybe without banana a little better.

1 comment:

  1. I have a couple recipes I would like to print and try...is there an easy way to do this without getting extra pages and info? I probably sound pretty ignorant :)

    ReplyDelete